How to increase app downloads with mobile app influencer marketing
Monday, 11 October 2021
You just built an app, right?
We bet it’s cool – but you’re now wondering how to increase app installs, correct?
Well, look no further, because Looksomething.com has created this comprehensive guide to tell you all about how to promote your app using influencer marketing!
Hey, don’t knock it till you try it!
So, let’s get to it, shall we?
What is influencer marketing?
First things first: what is influencer marketing and why it’s important for mobile app promotion?
Influencer marketing is a type of marketing where brands collaborate with people, whether celebrities or opinion leaders, in order to spread their message and promote their product or service.
An influencer can be any person with a considerable online presence, usually on one platform – although it’s possible to find influencers with a large number of followers on several platforms as well.
Most popular types of influencers? Bloggers, YouTubers, Instagrammers, TikTokers… the list goes on and on.
Why use influencer marketing to increase app installs?
- This type of marketing applies to all kinds of mobile apps. No limitations! Whether you’re into iOS and Android app development and want to promote several apps globally, or just had a single idea, for example a radio app for iPhones that you want to promote locally, influencer marketing can do the trick!
- Influencer marketing is perfect for small businesses. Today, even a small company can come to an agreement with a local micro-influencer in a niche market!
- It provides a direct traffic stream. With swipe ups and links in videos, you can track all incoming traffic easily through your analytics!
- You get closer to your target audience and learn to speak their language. You’re no longer a cold, impersonal company – you have a face! So, choose that face wisely!
Did you know that? An absolute staggering 92% of consumers trust recommendations from other people more than brands!
So, how can an influencer help me increase app downloads?
Research has shown that influencer marketing can drive conversions and improve brand reputation.
No wonder, right?
You trust a person more than you trust an ad! People rely on word-of-mouth recommendations and online reviews.
It’s only natural to trust a real story of a real person!
Not to mention, everyone is responsive to authentic content. So, we think it’s safe to say now that mobile app influencer marketing can help you boost app downloads!
Further reading: How to monetize your app
Did you know that? According to Single Grain, almost half of consumers rely on influencer recommendations. 74% of them use social media platforms to decide whether to buy something!
Now, how do I use app influencer marketing effectively?
Looksomething.com’s got you covered!
Follow these steps and make the most out of your marketing plan:
- Define your goals – it’s super important!
If you don’t know what you want to achieve, you won’t be able to communicate it to the influencer. And you probably won’t get any results.
- Is it brand awareness? If you’re a radio app developer perhaps you want to reach more potential clients.
- Is it to increase your Android app’s installs? If you’ve only created one radio app, perhaps you’re wondering how to increase app downloads in Google Play Store.
- Are you tired of performance marketing and looking for ways to increase app downloads organically?
Further reading: How to effectively promote your apps!
Did you know that? According to research, the most common goal of influencer marketing is boosting brand awareness (85%).
- Choose the right platform – it can make all the difference!
It’s vital to know what your target audience is – who are they, what platform are they using?
Also, think about your budget – there’s a sizeable difference between micro, macro, and mega-influencers.
- Avoid fakes – and, for the love of God, rely on the right metrics!
The number of followers should not be a priority – they can be bought! Use tools to double check everyone before starting a collaboration, and track metrics like engagement and sentiment – not likes!
- Encourage influencers to be creative – don’t restrict freedom!
It’s only natural to have a say in what stays and what goes, but make sure to use talents to your advantage! Trust them and give them opportunities to channel their creativity. After all, they know their audience better than anybody.
- Test – Optimize your influencer marketing strategy when needed!
See what works, make tweaks, and optimize! Keep measuring results and don’t be afraid to get rid of what doesn’t make sense – after testing it for a considerable amount of time, yes?
If you’ve made it this far, we bet you really want to increase app downloads using mobile app influencer marketing!
Before jumping into app promotion, get in touch with looksomething.com to make sure your android radio apps are good to go!
We’d be happy to help you build an internet radio app and then discuss how to promote your app effectively!